Donations for The Mega-Cities Project
The Mega-Cities Project represents the interests of future generations and the disenfranchised. Our network-of-networks approach enables us to leverage resources and create a multiplier effect. We have already affected urban policy and practice through changing mindsets, incentive systems and rules of the game to give marginalized communities a voice in the decisions that affect their lives.
Our activities have reached tens of thousands of families but more work must be done. One billion people currently live in squatter settlements and slums and their numbers will increase as virtually all of the world's population growth over the next 30 years will be concentrated in just these types of informal settlements in cities of the developing world.
Your support will allow us to continue our work in the mega-cities, expand on our successes in scaling up and transferring successful innovations; include "millionaire cities," those with one million or more inhabitants; and extend our efforts beyond the metropolitan region to the rural-urban interface.
We are about to:
- Re-apply our Survey of Leaders from each mega-city to track progress;
- Generate knowledge by replicating our multi-generational Rio study elsewhere
- Conduct policy briefings and trainings for decision-makers, planners and NGOs
- Implement our strategy of transitioning leadership to the next generation;
- Commemorate the 15th Anniversary of our partnership with UN-Habitat signed in Istanbul at the 1996 City Summit; and
- Celebrate our 25th Anniversary in Rio de Janeiro in 2011.
Your contribution of any size will help us achieve these goals.
The Mega-Cities Project is a non-profit charitable organization registered in New York State with approved IRS tax exempt status as a [501(c) 3]. It is a recognized by the United Nations NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) Unit and holds consultative status at UN ECOSOC (the Economic and Social Council). Our support comes mainly from individuals and foundations. Your gift is 100% tax deductible as allowed by law.
If you would like to make a contribution you may send it to:
34 Old Mountain Road South
Nyack, NY 10960
Thank you in advance!